Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One More Time...

I had a good phone interview yesterday. They said they'd let me know by the end of the week. Please keep your fingers crossed! I've also applied for 6 other jobs, both in Atl and DC area, so I should get some activity within a few days (or hours).

***** News Flash *****

I GOT THE JOB! YEAH! I need to get all the paperwork, but my start date is Sept 1. Lots to do! Stay tuned for Yard Sale information!


Home Improvement
I've been painting the living room and dining room since Sunday. It's killing me. I'm watching the Olympics and all these young kids (or not so young!) doing all their stuff, and all I'm doing is climbing up and down on a 3-foot step ladder. I've just got 2 more walls to paint and I'm done. Then I've got to do the trim, a few touchup places and the hallway closet door and I'm done. I went to Michael's yesterday to see about boxes for my pictures, they said to come back on Friday. I got a bunch from the liquor store, and I bought 2 at Home Depot. I may go to a U-Haul store or someplace to get boxes to move my glasses in, my expensive wine glasses. Some things are sacred.

Kitten Watch
I've got to take the family back to the vet, one little tyke seems to have an eye infection, just like Harry did (notice the spelling, you sick person!) Mama seems to be eating pretty well, when I go in there she's laying on the floor or eating, so she is getting away from the kids. She is very protective, I'll pick one up and they will squeal (boy, those little things can be loud!) and she's actually taken one out of my hands and put it back in the den! She will sit in the den, hiding the little ones from me. It is so cute. They've got fleas, and there's not much that can be done, the kittens are too small for flea medicine and Mama is nursing, so it's up to me to use a flea comb and get the fleas. It isn't too hard, the fleas are almost as big as the kittens! The white kittens are easy, but the black ones are fatter and fuzzier, so that takes a little time. They start squealing and Mom comes and gets them, so it's really difficult. Mom is too skinny to use the flea comb, I feel like I'm hurting her. I'll just bomb the room when they're gone.

Asserting Herself
Since the Kittens, I've had to move my computer out of the Nursery and into the Craft Room (sounds like I've got tons of rooms, doesn't it?) Miss K, the self-appointed Office Assistant is a bit out of sorts, she used to lay on my desk, but now she's found a new place:



Just imagine trying to get some work done with this watching you!
This is Just Too Cute! If you could see the box looking down on it, you'd realize the kitty fills up the box. It's amazing to me how they love to squeeze into places and are comfortable! She slept curled up on my arm last night, I think she may feel threatened. Somehow, I don't think that cat would ever feel threatened!




More to come...
As things happen, I'll be posting. Thanks for taking the time to read. You're opinions are welcome but if you have to start calling me names, don't bother, I won't read them. As my Dad says 'Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whooo hooo on the job. Which city - ATL or DC?

Anonymous said...

Well, damn, it is about time. Congrats! Now you can come see our new house!
-Baby Niece

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD, CONGRATULATIONS WOMAN!!! :-) Now tell us more...like what barb said!