Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Just a Quick Post...

Details
OK, details on the new job: I'm a sub-contractor for a company with a contract with the Library of Congress in Washington, DC. I'll be working on business applications for the LOC on site at the LOC, across the street from the Capitol! The most powerful building in the most powerful city in the world. How exciting is that?! (Some would say Ground Zero, too, but that's not something I want to think about.)

Check out the LOC website, look at all the cool stuff happening there! Chamber concerts, events, I'll be on the Mall in DC, near all the museums and galleries, so much to do!

In the Meantime
I have to pack and get my house moved. I'm getting a POD and filling it up, although the idea of leaving the furniture in the house to 'stage' it makes sense. I'll have to think on that one. Pick up all my furniture when I close....huummm. Anyway, I'm packing and boxing and all sorts of stuff. Way fun. I'm having an Open House on Saturday where I've invited some folks over to help do small stuff, paint a bit, weed the garden a bit, touch up the paint in the other rooms, that kinda stuff. Stuff that will take one person hours to do, but several people can do it in no time at all.. If you're reading this and didn't get the email, come on over on Saturday between 10 and 3 to help clean, visit, babysit the kitties even be the DJ for however long or short you can stay. I'll have food, beer, wine, sodas. I'll have stuff for sale or barter (furniture, home decor items) and we'll have fun!?

More to come...
As things happen, I'll be posting. Thanks for taking the time to read. You're opinions are welcome but if you have to start calling me names, don't bother, I won't read them. As my Dad says 'Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.'

No comments: