Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Stuff

So much to do, so little time!

Job Hunt
Still no word from anyone. I do have to fax a form to a recruiter in Richmond for a job. I thought Richmond was hot with all the jobs, but I'm begining to realize that when one company posts a job, all the recruiting firms post that job on Dice.com. I've gotten easily 15 calls from all over the country for jobs at CapitalOne in Richmond. I know they do the same for jobs here in the Atl, too. Anyway, the suspense is killing me, keep your fingers crossed.

Things that make you go Hhhuummm...
For the last few weeks, I've been keeping time with a very nice gentleman that I've known for years. We didn't see each other for a few years, then in Feb we reconnected. I honestly think he's just looking for something to do and someone to do things with, which I just love. We've gone out to dinner (his treat!) several times, and we're doing lunch today. He was scheduled for jury duty but didn't get called so he's skipping work. He wanted to do dinner, but he plays hockey and they've got a game tonite. (I don't think he's on the same team with OneBall, there is an age difference. I'm not even sure it's the same league.)

Of course this happens just before I move away. (If I move away. Who knows at this point?)

Brings a tear to my eye
I saw 2 items on the news this weekend that just had me all choked up.

In Acworth, Ga, they broke ground this weekend for a special needs
playground, with a special ball field to allow for wheel-chairs. Take a look at that video, watching these kids being pushed around the bases in the chairs and using walkers cracks even the hardest heart.

The other item was about a young boy with a debilitating disease who saw a parade at Disney and wanted to be a Grand Master of a parade. The Make A Wish Foundation organized a day at the park with a parade for this kid and he was Grand Master. I can't find anyting on line about it, I believe it was somewhere in Ga. The boy was so happy, and his parents were just as pleased.

Breaking News!!
Just got a phone call for a job located in Dunwoody. When it rains it pours!!

Pondering
Just to quell the rumors (?) it is not a given that I move to Va, there are just more opportunities in Va than there are here in Ga. Although several people have told me that it's probably the Right Thing to Do now, due to Parental Issues. (Anonymous, and I know who you are, you don't have to agree with that, I know you want me up there so you don't have to deal with Them! ;-))

Now, if you will, give me some reasons to stay in Ga. I'm having issues with that right now. I cried when I had to leave Florida, but I'm not seeing that so much with leaving Georgia. (Partly because of my stay here, I won't go back to SoFla due to the people. They're nice here, caustic in Fl) I know, the hiking is nice in North Georgia. It used to be the housing market was cheap, and the jobs were plenty, but not so much anymore. Granted, I haven't seen a snowfall last more than a few hours on the ground, but the ice will kill ya. Yes, I have friends, but isn't that why God invented telephones, emails and cell phones?


More to come...
As things happen, I'll be posting. Thanks for taking the time to read. You're opinions are welcome but if you have to start calling me names, don't bother, I won't read them. As my Dad says 'Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.'

No comments: