Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday, so Soon??!!

Exciting weekend... NOT.

Job Hunt
I'm waiting on pins and needles for someone to call me. I'm getting ready to run to DC later this week, if need be. I will not hear anything today, maybe tomorrow, but later this week I'll expect a phone call. That's not to say I won't be calling them. I'll wait until Wednesday, they need a few days.

Memory Walk
Things are just falling in line! A past food coordinator for the Memory Walk called me to say that she and her company will sponser the food after the walk. Everything excpet the grill. I don't ahve anything (much) to do. We still have to deal with breakfast foods and coffee before the walk and maybe clean up afterwards, but that's all. This way if I do have to leave town, I won't be leaving the walk coordinator holding the spatula, so to speak.

I'm not alone!
Yesterday in Sunday School, when they had the usual Prayer requests, one gentleman requested we pray for our community and the Bozo-factor. I'm not the only one who's laughing at these politicians. Here's another one:

Grady Hospital, the very excellent hospital that treats a lot of indigent clients or clients with problems paying hospital bills (I could be included in that grouping) has undergone a major management change, and has shifted to a non-profit hospital with a large influx of cash to settle some debts. The Board of Directors held a secret meeting in January and hired an interim CEO, Pam Stephenson, who also happens to be the Chariman of the Board. The board had earlier fired the CEO on charges of mishandling money. The contract is for 2 years, $600,000 and if she is replaced in the first year, she gets the entire amount. This is for an excellent, necessary hospital who is trying to keep their doors open. She claims she's an attorney with previous hospital administration experience, but won't say where she got that experience. They (the AJC) can't find any evidence she got her law degree, but she has passed the bar. She's got creditors after her for unpaid bills, and of course, she denies all of this. Ms. Stephenson assert that she is "self-respecting and conscience-free." What does that mean?? I guess that means she can run Grady and suck all this money from them because she's conscience-free. Oh, BTW, she's an elected official from Decatur, that an AJC analysis showed Stephenson missed 177 of 233 House votes this year. Effective.

More to come...
As things happen, I'll be posting. Thanks for taking the time to read. You're opinions are welcome but if you have to start calling me names, don't bother, I won't read them. As my Dad says 'Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.'

No comments: