Friday, July 25, 2008

Still Waiting

Still waiting to hear from anyone. My interview yesterday went VERY well. They want me to talk to one more person, maybe today. This is the company with the FEMA contract. I'm wanting and waiting to hear from the DHS contract company, they are moving, but things take awhile, it's a larger company.

As for the job here in Dunwoody, nothing. I've called the recruiter, I've sent emails, nothing. OK, so they didn't want me, I'm good with that, just LET ME KNOW! If I didn't do well in the interview, LET ME KNOW so I can improve. Put your man pants on and call me or email me. Now, it could be that they are still in the interview process, but word about that would be nice, too.

What else to talk about?
I've been reading where the right-wingers are pissed that Obama has tons of reporters on his trail in Europe and no one is following McCain. My guess is it's not political favoritism, but lets face the facts. McCain is the Same Old Same Old. He hasn't (and can't) really blast the Bush policies even though he may not agree with them, you just can't do that. He's trying to maintain the Bush constituents as well as getting other voters. He's also an Old White Man. How does this differ from any other presidential candidate in say, 250 years?? That's always been the norm, an Old White Man. Now we have a Black Man who's being taken seriously. Anything he does is news, because it's different. We've had black presidential candidates in the past, we've even had a Black Woman (1972: Shirley Chisolm) , but this guy we're taking seriously.
Which leads to my prediction for the VP candidate for the GOP: Bobby Jindal, the governor of Louisiana, not a White Man. Although the VP candidate isn't so much news, what does the VP do?

We could get another Cheney with major influence over the President, or we could get another of many unmemorable men. I've heard that an Obama/H Clinton ticket would be good, Obama will need her knowledge and influence (like Bush needed Cheney) but I'm not sure she would settle for 2nd best, she's been 2nd best for so long now.

Didya hear that Robert Novak ran over a pedestrian with his corvette in downtown DC? The Onion had some comments about that. Too funny! Novak is the conservative commentator who was involved in the Valerie Plame outing case (the CIA operative outted by someone in retaliation for her husbands refusal to agree with a Bush policy). This is something you won't read on American Thinker or Townhall.

Weather
The heat index has dropped for now, I've got the windows open and fans blowing. I guess I should get some stuff done outside... This waiting is killing me.

More to come...
As things happen, I'll be posting. Thanks for taking the time to read. You're opinions are welcome but if you have to start calling me names, don't bother, I won't read them. As my Dad says 'Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.'

No comments: