Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Resolution

All the issues I was having yesterday are now history. I've got another set of 'challenges'.

Job Hunt
It's still not official, I need to finalize some things, but it looks like I've got a job! NetAmerica, a contract staffer for FEMA has made me an offer to work for them in Herndon, VA.m I'm still waiting to hear from another company that is offering more money and I like the location better, but I need to take this job. Yea me!

New Problems
How to pack, clean, and move in 2 weeks. I've been in this house of almost 10 years, and even though I did a lot of purging last summer, I've got lots of stuff to go thru. Sleep? Who's been sleeping? I watched the end of Craig Fergesen last night and the begining of Good Day Atlanta today. Today is Attic Day, I must get up there and sort. I need to do that before the opressive heat starts, so I'll just be dumping everything in the hall. I imagine in a short while I'll have a pretty good list of stuff for Craig's List: outdoor furniture, indoor furniture, just stuff. Stay posted for pictures.

So now starts the Lists: everything I need to do, everything I want to keep, toss, donate, sell, what I've done and when. I hate moving, but I best get used to it, it won't be over for awhile. However, I've got to keep a handle on things, I'm getting a bit panicky now thinking of everything I need to do. Let me deal with the attic and getting a PODS today, there's always tomorrow. And nothing is official yet.

Thanks goodness for you that no one reads this blog, I may have to ask for help! Seems like that's not such an easy thing to get from some people. (I will rant about that soon, seems like I have some family members that are less than enthusiastic about helping. Get over it. Y'all know who it is, I know he doesn't read this blog. (Did that give it away???) )

Let me just say that I haven't had a roommate or lived with anyone in almost 20 years. I will need to get large doses of Happy Pills and alcohol to make things easier. It's not a given, but I may be renting a room from Lil Sis, which will give me the opportunity to bank some bucks. I know sometimes it won't seem like it, but I will be forever grateful. I need to get some bill paid down and build up some of the funds I've been living on for the past 4 years.

Yes, this journey started in August 2004. I've depleted lots of my nest egg and lots of pride, but I've learned a lot, had some good times and met some interesting people. And, as they say, built a lot of character.

Got an email from an old friend yesterday that relayed the thought that some of us work hard to earn the money to pay taxes on to give some people handouts. We (and I'm including myself in the working category) have to take drug and urine tests to get the job to earn the money, why shouldn't the recipients have to do the same? Take a drug or urine test to get their check? Sounds like a good idea to me!

News Flash

A local company that I sent an resume to on June 30 called and wants to schedule an interview today or tomorrow. I best stop making plans. Haven't I said 'When it Rains it Pours?' Wait, I'm on hold for Robert Half with a project in Perimeter area. I will be interviewing with them today. My head is spinning.....


More to come...
As things happen, I'll be posting. Thanks for taking the time to read. You're opinions are welcome but if you have to start calling me names, don't bother, I won't read them. As my Dad says 'Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, are you moving, or not moving? have you decided yet?

Anonymous said...

It is JUST RUDE to keep people waiting. HELLO!!!
-Baby Niece