Monday, August 04, 2008

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

Evidently I have more readers than I realize, and they are pissed about having to wait for answeres, too. So let me put your mind at ease. Chill. I'm still waiting. Seems the company I thought made me an offer, didn't. I was in the running, but not a definate. The recruiter made me believe that that an offer was forthcoming, but I believe it was a 'communication issue'. Sometimes, when people don't have a grasp on the English language, they don't say the right thing.

I've gotten in touch with all interested parties, including the BA I spoke with at the company. He was a very nice guy, but he said it's not really his decision, even though he was very positive about the interview. So here we are. The recruiter said we should know more today. So y'all can sit and wait, just like me.

In the meantime, I told one company that I had an offer, and they told me to take it as their clients aren't moving too fast. Now I have to reconnect the bridges that I cut down. I hate this. Actually, I can't really do anything at this point until I hear from the first company. If I go back to the Homeland Security company and tell them to put me back in the running, then I get an offer from the FEMA company, that makes me look bad. So I have to wait till I hear one way or the other from the FEMA company. Arrggghhh!


Wine Tasting
On Thursday of last week, there was a wine tasting at a restaurant I'd never been to before. My friend Mark, (the Attorney) told us about it, and the price was right, so we made plans to go. My other friend, Mark (the Hockey Player), wanted to go, but at the last minute Attorney Mark said he couldn't go due to a softball commitment. So it was just me and Hockey Mark. Then Attorney Mark said his softball game had been cancelled due to rain, and he was going to go. I called several single girlfriends to see if they wanted to go, but, alas, no one would/could. So I went to a wine tasting with 2 good-looking, available men. I LOVED IT! So ladies, there are available men over 50, just where are you? (The same place I am, at home, book clubs, reading, not at bars or wine tastings. Think about it.)

Friday
I stayed in on Friday, I wanted to work on some of my jewelry. Since I don't get cable anymore, the only option I had was to watch some movies I had. One was the incredible movie 'Earth', and the other was called 'Mostly Martha' , both interesting movies, both subtitled. Which sucks, because I couldn't concentrate on designing jewelry, I had to watch the movie! I decided on 'Earth', which I highly recommend. This is part of the trilogy that I've been talking about by Deepa Mehta dealing with cultural and political issues in India.

'Mostly Martha' was remade as 'No Reservations' with Catherine Zeta-Jones about a year ago. It was cute, a very lite comedy. Next is 'A Clockwork Orange'. Not sure if I ever saw all of this movie, so I want to watch it. I've also got 'MacBeth' directed by Roman Polanski. hhuummm.

Tomorrow is the runoff voting for Dekalb county CEO and democratic senator, so go out and vote. This is a chance to rid ourselves of dead weight and corrupt politicians.

More to come...
As things happen, I'll be posting. Thanks for taking the time to read. You're opinions are welcome but if you have to start calling me names, don't bother, I won't read them. As my Dad says 'Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What restaurant was the wine tasting at? I'm due to go to a tasting again, it has been forever it seems. but, since I rarely leave Marietta, it makes it tough.