Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ever noticed..?

Ever Noticed...

..people stop blogging when they get a life.
..a yellow light means excellerate
..on a slow news day, the most ridiculous issue becomes the lead story on the 6 o'clock news
..no matter who says what, some one will be offended
..kids today don't seem to have much of a backbone
..the only sector creating new jobs in this day and age is the government.

Not that I have a life
Actually, for someone who's not doing anything, I seem to have stuff to do! I volunteer 3 times a week for the Alzheimer's Assn, I've volunteered to be the Food Committee chairman for the Chastain Memory Walk in October, I've volunteered to lead the Sunday school class this Sunday, and, lately, I've had a bit of a social life, and of course, the Job Hunt.

Job Hunt
Still in a waiting state. The government (state) is slow in picking applicants, so I'll give it another week. Emory is still reviewing my resume that I sent in in May or early June. I applied for a BA job in Richmond, Va and seem to have generated lots of interest in that area. I'll be talking with a recruiter this afternoon about opportunities available. Richmond wouldn't be so bad, not as expensive as Atl or DC, not as much traffic as either place, I have family in the area and I'll be closer to the Parental Units. I could have a playmate in Big Sis, and the nieces, but I will NOT babysit for them, unless it's to watch the kitties. However, they're all grown up with husbands and babies (or soon to be) and not any fun anymore! LOL, Baby Niece!

Social Life
Yes, I had a social life last weekend. On Thursday, I went to dinner with a friend (he paid! and he called early to ask me to go...a date??), then on Friday I went to a birthday party with some friends, you know, the church folks, the non-drinkers. Kinda strange, no alcohol at all, but we still had fun. Imagine. Then on Saturday, I went out to dinner with my friend again! We'd planned it on Thursday, he paid and even came to pick me up. (Margaret says I've crossed the line into Dateland, but who knows?)

Michael Vick's Dogs
Did ya hear that most of his 'fighting' dogs have been rehabilitated and will be adopted? There was an article in the AJC (and here) about a bunch of these 'evil' dogs who have been rehabilitated and are ready for adoption. Some will be adopted by their foster family because they made such a great impression on them. What a great story! He was fined $1 million (I think) to help in their rehabilitation, and it worked. I think just a small portion of these dogs had to be put down. Guess that could explain why he wasn't winning in the ring, they were Pussy dogs.

Come out to PAWS Atlanta on Sunday, July 13 from 3-6pm for a Summer Celebration! They'll have food and refreshments, as well as puppies and kitties and fun for all!

More to come...
As things happen, I'll be posting. Thanks for taking the time to read. You're opinions are welcome but if you have to start calling me names, don't bother, I won't read them. As my Dad says 'Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI.. don't wear those clogs on a date either....

Anonymous said...

On second thought you could wear the close on a date if, and only if, he takes you clog dancing, t.. just take a pair of shoes (not valley forge variety) to change into after dancing...

NancyT said...

What is this hangup with my footware?? Clogs don't go with capri's or shorts, silly! And I liked the Valley Forge shoes! I will wear sandals, of course, with a good pedicure.

Anonymous said...

Nancy must have a life these days, no update in a week! Congrats!!!